BERRY INFERNO BARBECUE SAUCE
“This is the best barbecue sauce, and trust me I have experimented with hundreds of different combinations over the years, this is even better than any of the popular bottled sauces!"
- 3 medium onion finely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves minced garlic ( can use more)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp fresh ground black pepper do not use the fine black pepper!
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or adjust to taste
- 6 cups natural ketchup no corn syrup
- 3 cups brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup prepared french's yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2` tbsp liquid smoke for the very best flavor do not omit
- 2 bottles Torch Blackberry Inferno
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder you'll love this!
- 8 oz frozen marrionberries
- Heat oil over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 3 minutes, then add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and black pepper; stir for 1 minute.
Add in all remaining ingredients except the marionberries; bring to a boil stirring with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 1 hour over low heat (do not cover the pot or the texture and flavor will be affected, if you have a splatter screen then use it to cover the pot).
Midway through cooking add marionberries and 3 cups of bbq sauce to a blender and blend on high for 60 seconds. Add this to the sauce and continue cooking.
- Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours or more before using.