BERRY INFERNO BARBECUE SAUCE
“This is the best barbecue sauce, and trust me I have experimented with hundreds of different combinations over the years, this is even better than any of the popular bottled sauces!"
Servings 7 Cups
- 3 medium onion finely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves minced garlic ( can use more)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp fresh ground black pepper do not use the fine black pepper!
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or adjust to taste
- 6 cups natural ketchup no corn syrup
- 3 cups brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup prepared french's yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2` tbsp liquid smoke for the very best flavor do not omit
- 2 bottles Torch Blackberry Inferno
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder you'll love this!
- 8 oz frozen marrionberries
Heat oil over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 3 minutes, then add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
Add in chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and black pepper; stir for 1 minute.
Add in all remaining ingredients except the marionberries; bring to a boil stirring with a wooden spoon to combine.
Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 1 hour over low heat (do not cover the pot or the texture and flavor will be affected, if you have a splatter screen then use it to cover the pot).
Midway through cooking add marionberries and 3 cups of bbq sauce to a blender and blend on high for 60 seconds. Add this to the sauce and continue cooking.
Cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours or more before using.